What are these?

+5

I have two of these tiny things on my wall . They are not theremostats does anyone know why they would be there or what purpose they serve?

q what are these

Please help. Thank you.

• Susan Davia Susan Davia on Aug 29, 2018

temperature sensor

• KattywhampusLOL KattywhampusLOL on Aug 29, 2018

Hello MIchelle, I had no idea what it was until I read Susan's response above, but I still know nothing about it (how it works or how to adjust what temperature you want it to sense at?) . Anyway, if you have any more questions about any CARRIER product in your home, I am sure the CARRIER corporation would be happy to assist you. Here is a link that will allow you to contact them. Thanks for asking Hometalk for answers :)

https://www.carrier.com/carrier/en/us/contact-us/

• Amanda Amanda on Aug 29, 2018

It could be for a humidifier that’s on the furnace.

• Hen33411618 Hen33411618 on Aug 30, 2018

Temp sensor works with thermostats when they are located in different rooms to control temps

• it looks like an old door bell cover

• Barbara Barbara on Aug 30, 2018

It has something to do with a Air Conditioner.

• Helen Bleazard Helen Bleazard on Aug 30, 2018

Hi there. It looks like it is an Infrared CARBON DIOXIDE or TEMPERATURE DETECTOR. I agree that you should get in contact with Carrier to get a better picture.

• Tonia Tonia on Sep 04, 2018

It looks like a remote room temp. sensor what it does is override the thermostate if another room is too hot or cold.