What are these?


I have two of these tiny things on my wall . They are not theremostats does anyone know why they would be there or what purpose they serve?

q what are these

Please help. Thank you.

  8 answers
  • Susan Davia Susan Davia on Aug 29, 2018

    temperature sensor

  • KattywhampusLOL KattywhampusLOL on Aug 29, 2018

    Hello MIchelle, I had no idea what it was until I read Susan's response above, but I still know nothing about it (how it works or how to adjust what temperature you want it to sense at?) . Anyway, if you have any more questions about any CARRIER product in your home, I am sure the CARRIER corporation would be happy to assist you. Here is a link that will allow you to contact them. Thanks for asking Hometalk for answers :)


  • Amanda Amanda on Aug 29, 2018

    It could be for a humidifier that’s on the furnace.

  • Hen33411618 Hen33411618 on Aug 30, 2018

    Temp sensor works with thermostats when they are located in different rooms to control temps

  • it looks like an old door bell cover

  • Barbara Barbara on Aug 30, 2018

    It has something to do with a Air Conditioner.

  • Helen Bleazard Helen Bleazard on Aug 30, 2018

    Hi there. It looks like it is an Infrared CARBON DIOXIDE or TEMPERATURE DETECTOR. I agree that you should get in contact with Carrier to get a better picture.

  • Tonia Tonia on Sep 04, 2018

    It looks like a remote room temp. sensor what it does is override the thermostate if another room is too hot or cold.

Your comment...