Asked on Sep 1, 2018

How do I remove permanent black magic marker off of Parque wood floor?

Marie HaddonSusan Oglesby CannyChris Gignac
+14

• Pic14669859
    Pic14669859

White toothpaste

• Dena
      Dena

The magic marker was old and the floor is old it’s not coming up I may have to re-sand

• Try a little tooth paste(not the gel) on a damp rag. Rub gently and then wipe with a clean damp rag.

• Dena
      Dena

The marker is the old the floor is old I tried a combo of alcohol toothpaste hairspray… Nothing is working but it’s OK I’ve got a country house I may have to re-sand later down the road

• Zard Pocleeb
    Zard Pocleeb

Here is one method of removing permanent marker from wood.

https://spotremoval.coit.com/how-to-remove-marker-from-wood-floors

• Nancy Turner
    Nancy Turner

Try alcohol in an inconspicuous spot to see if it damages the finish. If it doesn't, try the alcohol. It works for permanent ink on plastic and glass.

• Dena
      Dena

Just to let you know thank you for everyone’s information I tried toothpaste a little alcohol a little hairspray… May have Discolored my floor little but it’s OK it’s an old house I’ll find something to work even if I have to sand it

• Pennie Klein
    Pennie Klein

Aerosol hairspray works but test a small inconspicuous spot first...Also works on clothes

• Dena
      Dena

Thank you I’ve tried a little bit of everything toothpaste alcohol and does things like hairspray did the best but the market was all the floors old and I may have messed it up a little but I’ll continue thank you

• LisawithGary Shaw
    LisawithGary Shaw

Hairspray removes permanent marker and ink, even on fabric after it has dried.

• Dena
      Dena

Thank you I tried toothpaste and alcohol and hairspray seem to work the best but I’ve kinda just discolor of the floor but it’s OK the house is old I’ll cover it with furniture or a rug

• Chris Gignac
    Chris Gignac

Denatured alcohol , available at your hardware store. Denatured alcohol is safe to use cured finishes like polyurethane and oil-based varnish. You should always test it first on an inconspicuous area.

• Dena
      Dena

I have not tried denatured alcohol yet I will next time I’m out at the hardware store thank you I may have to polish the floor with them staying more of poor little finish away thank U

• Susan Oglesby Canny
    Susan Oglesby Canny

Hand sanitizer will remove it.

• Dena
      Dena

Thank you I’m trying to little bit of everything nothings working but it’s OK

• Marie Haddon
    Marie Haddon

hait spray & wipe carefully

• Dena
      Dena

Thank you for all the tips ..the hairspray seem to work pretty a tiny but it did take off a little finish I could swish stain a little. Ooh 😮 who knows