Asked on Sep 18, 2018

How to get the shine back in my kitchen sink?

Rita IngramBren DidMaude  LaFountain
+5

I have a stainless steel sink that is only 3 years old. No matter how much I clean it, or what I clean it with, it always looks dirty. How do I clean it to get the sheen back?

• Nor25769418
    Nor25769418

Use Bar Keep..which is a powder....I used this to get a stain off from stainless steel sink that nothing else would work...this worked...

• Sharon Smith
    Sharon Smith

I spray on Mr. Clean and use a Mr. Clean magic eraser sponge. My sink is over 15 years old and sparkles after it’s cleaned.

• DesertRose
    DesertRose

Bar Keepers Friend is the best cleanser for stainless steel sinks. You can find it where comet and ajax cleansers are sold. It works great, even on bad rust stains left by my own pots!

• Oliva
    Oliva

Wet the sink. Sprinkle baking soda atop. Buff in the direction of the stainless. Rinse and dry. Apply a good quality car wax, if desired. Better stainless sinks should always be dried, daily.

• Maude  LaFountain
    Maude LaFountain

As a few others have stated BAR KEEPERS FRIEND is what I have found to clean my stainless steel sinks with ...plus it gets pots clean if you burn food in them ....lol...yep I did that once ....now my pot is like new ....Great stuff

• Bren Did
    Bren Did

A magic eraser works great. A baking soda sprinkle or paste of baking soda, dish soap and hydrogen peroxide can brighten. Bon Ami Powder Cleanser is a green cleaner you can purchase in most store that works like Bar Keepers Friend.

• Rita Ingram
    Rita Ingram

Try Barkeepers Friend. Works wonders.