Asked on Sep 22, 2018

How do I get rid of squirrels

KmdreamerCindy McCully1401470
+6

• Joanne
    Joanne

I have tried several things and nothing works. I even bought fox urine powder which is supposed to deter them. Not my squirrels, they ate the powder. They ate the carpeting off my porch and got into my eves. They are destroying everything that gets in their way. So if you find something let me know.

Jo

• Polly Fuller
    Polly Fuller

squirrel stew or barking dogs.

• Jan Roberts-Lee
    Jan Roberts-Lee

Moth balls or moth crystals work wonders just put in your flower

beds or sprinkle around the base of trees!!

Betsy

Hi Mam: Basically, you can't. Feed them somewhere else, and remember, everything needs to eat, so if you can, learn to enjoy the little buggers. I will say that they climb up my peach trees and throw peaches at me, but that's only when I forget to put something out for them:) If they are chewing on your wiring, spray it with a mixture of 3/4 water and 1/4 oil of clove (you can get it in the candy making section of the store, it's a bottle about 2 1/2 inches high and only costs a couple of bucks). Put this in a spray bottle and spray whatever you don't want chewed or clawed. Works for cats and dogs, too. Won't harm them, smells great, tastes terrible:(

Betsy

Hi Mam: Basically, you can't get rid of squirrels. Feed them somewhere else, and remember, everything needs to eat, so if you can, learn to enjoy the little buggers. If they are chewing on your plants, spray with a mixture of 3/4 water and 1/4 oil of clove (you can get it in the candy making section of the store, it's a bottle about 2 1/2 inches high and only costs a couple of bucks). Put this in a spray bottle and spray whatever you don't want chewed or clawed. Works for cats and dogs, too. Won't harm them, smells great, tastes terrible:( Good luck

• 1401470
    1401470

You may like this read I shared a few months back.

https://www.gardenupgreen.com/2018/06/how-to-detour-garden-rodents.html

• Cindy McCully
    Cindy McCully

👇I have found to keep the squirrels out of our yard these two things worked.

☝️I was using cayenne pepper near my plants they were digging up. It works but had to replace to often with the rain.🤦

✌️We have aloud the neighbors to put some of their dog feces( they clean up back yard with a shovel since we live in town) along our fence that has trees next to it that the squirrels we're always coming from. It has honestly kept them away. 😀

I am not sure why it works but it does. 🤷

I read about it and tried it myself because we have tons of flower beds with a show flowers and they were digging up the bulbs and destroying the gardens.😀

• Kmdreamer
    Kmdreamer

Moth balls