Lucille
Lucille
  • Duluth, GA

How to plant shrubs and flowers for next year?

Fiddledd224DDNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CA
+1

What plants, shrubs and flowers, can i plant in the fall for next year.

• Mar28813074

fall is a good time to plant shrubs from your local nursery. Flower bulbs for spring should be planted now. In cold climates, plants should not be put in at this time.

• First, what zone are you in?

https://planthardiness.ars.usda.gov/PHZMWeb/

Fall is an excellent time to plant shrubs and some flowers. Your location determines what you can plant now or wait for spring.

I am in Zone 9 (and still quite warm here), so I have more time to get plants established than say someone in zones 3, 4 or 5.

• DD

Lucille If you let me know what zone you are in or city and state andI will look it up for you and where you are planting sun shade part sun I will be more than happy to give you some information

• Fiddledd224

Go to your local nursery and see what they are selling since the plants are guaranteed to grow in your region. I walk around my neighborhood frequently for inspiration, too!