How do I get rid of mouse urine and the smell in my oven?

+6
  • Pat hayes Pat hayes on Oct 07, 2018

OMG!!! we were in a temporary rental last yr.....mouse infested, especially the stove! My honest opinion? get another stove...

the mice had chewed the wiring and it was a fire hazard......also, NOTHING got rid of the smell! if you can't afford a new one look for a decent used stove on Craigslist.....PLEASE, be safe and dump it!

• Tonya Tonya on Oct 07, 2018

It’s a tremendous amount of work… You have to take the stove completely apart and clean every single small centimeter of every single part. A strong ammonia solution works best. I would only do this if the stove is really expensive or special to you. Otherwise, I agree with Pat’s answer. Ditch it!

• Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Oct 07, 2018

Poor Hi,. Put some vinegar in a glass bowl that's heat proof, and turn the oven to 400 degrees, for about 1/2 hour. If you have a self clean, do that next. Aloha!

• Star Star on Oct 07, 2018

clean anything you can ie, where they've nested, and buy a bag of charcoal and open it.[tear it open] lay it in there and close the door.good luck!!!

• Star Star on Oct 07, 2018

you are very welcome!!!;]