How do I hang a mirror ?

+12

How do I hang a mirror that doesn’t have any wire or anything to hang it by?

• Melanie Melanie on Nov 02, 2018

Home Depot has options you can use to hang mirrors.

• Sal3170064 Sal3170064 on Nov 02, 2018

You can buy mirror corner clips from a hardware store or use hard as nails glue

• Marcia Dollar Marcia Dollar on Nov 03, 2018

Depending on the weight of the mirror.. if not extremely heavy... Use heavy duty velcro on all four sides of the mirror.

• Nancy Nancy on Nov 03, 2018

I have a small handmade bathroom closet with a framed door with nothing in the middle of it. I had cloth but found a cheap mirror that would fit inside the frame. the inside edge is about 1/2- 1 inch. The mirror is not heavy. What would be the best way to attach to the frame? I bought small corner things but they don't fit-too big. Took frame off mirror as that made it to big to fit inside the frame.

• Lynn Goins Lynn Goins on Nov 03, 2018

If there is no panel at all, I would cut a panel from 1/4" plywood that's an inch and a half larger on all sides than the mirror. Glue the mirror to it with liquid nails. (This panel will protect the backside of your mirror.) Attach some trim on all four backsides of your panel and attach panel to the backside of door with screws. Happy hanging!

• Made in paraDIY Made in paraDIY on Nov 03, 2018

- you can stick it to a wooden plate of the same shape in which you see 2 wall fixtures

- You can also place it on 2 right-angle screws upwards, fixed in your wall, with a third angle screw fixed in the wall at the top of the mirror, the angle facing downwards. It will be kept in 3 (or 4) claws 🔩 👬

• Patty Shoemake Patty Shoemake on Nov 03, 2018

Find a Hobby Lobby or a good carpenter to build a nice frame for it.

• Benwa Benwa on Nov 03, 2018

Very carefully, if it breaks, 8 years bad luck!

• Ann Ann on Nov 03, 2018

How a bought picture frame command strips, plus they just peel off if you want to move them

• Lynn Goins Lynn Goins on Nov 03, 2018

Stef, Since your mirror doesn't have anything to hang from, buy some eye hooks (Amazon has an assortment for $9.99). Make sure you use ones that won't break through to the front side of your frame. (not too long) You'll want to install those on the back of your frame four to six inches below the top of your frame. Then string picture hanging wire through the two eyes and secure wire by twisting several times. (You want the wire as taut as you can get it.) Once that is done, use appropriate size of picture hanging hooks to hang your mirror. Again, if it's heavy, use one on each end and hang by the wire. My mirror weighed about 45 pounds and I had no problems even without screwing into studs. The picture hangers are meant to hold the weight. Good Luck!!

• Stef Stef on Nov 07, 2018

There is no frame. It’s a nice beautiful etched mirror without any frame and because of the shape of it, you can’t add one to it nor would I want to. It’s not supposed to have a frame with this specific shape. It’s from Ikea. I went there (IKEA) and bought something to hang it with. Thanks for your response.

• LoriB LoriB on Nov 03, 2018

You didn't mention the shape or size of your mirror, but if it's round, this idea was posted on Hometalk a couple of years ago:

https://www.hometalk.com/21368869/diy-sunrise-mirror

If your mirror is square, you could still install a shelf perhaps with a groove cut in it, then prop the mirror on the shelf. Screw some clips to the shelf to secure the mirror to add stability if you think it necessary.

• Sas Sas on Nov 04, 2018

If you would rather not bye the wire hangers and screws from any picture place or even Home Depot you can do it straight from the frame find the beams in the house on the wall there generally 16in apart and you have to do that with a stud finder why don't you get the studs placed your picture on the wall at the height that you want it and then take a level place it in the middle of the picture and what's the level it's probably level Marco the pencil on the wall at the top corner and down the side on both top corners where was the picture in the level putting two small Nails enough to answer under the same picture 2 screws will do it and that's it. Hope you find this helpful. That's how I do mine. Good luck