Error loading player:
No playable sources found
Abbie M
Abbie M
  • Hometalk Team
  • Brooklyn, NY

Dress up Plain Candles for This Stunning Winter Idea!

$25

Have some plain candles lying around? Grab a mixer and some wax and try this for the holidays!

dress up plain candles for this stunning winter idea

Step1: Melt

Begin by breaking apart and melting the wax. You will want to purchase pillar wax as opposed to paraffin wax because you will want it to be able to hold it's shape.

Once the wax has melted, pull it off the heat & let it cool for about 15-20 minutes. Be sure to make sure it doesn't harden - you are just wanting it to cool down.

Step 2: Add Scent

Next, add a scent if desired. You can purchase candle scents in the candle making section of any craft store.

Step 3: Mix

After that, grab a hand mixer and begin mixing the wax. Don't worry about ruining your mixer - you can melt the wax right off by throwing it in the dishwasher.

Step 3: Apply

Following that, grab a round candle and apply your wax using a spoon, and your hands. You will definitely want to lay something down to protect your surface as this can get messy! You can purchase round candles at a craft store or at the dollar store.

These candles are such a cute way to add a winter touch to any decor!

Continue to do this until it's the consistency of thick whipped cream it will be able to stand up on it's own.

Repeat this as many times as you want & let dry

Make a centerpiece, dress up a shelf or some holiday candle sticks - the possibilities are endless! These also make the perfect gift and can be used all winter long!

Step 1: Melt & Mix

First, melt & mix the candles the same way we did with the snowball candles.

Have some flameless candles lying around? Try this!

Step 2: Apply

Next, grab your flameless candles & apply.

Step 3:

Want some sparkle in your decor this winter? Add some white glitter! You can also add colored glitter for a funky look!

Repeat this as many times as you want & let dry!

These snow mound candles add such a cozy touch to any room and since they're flameless - they'll last forever!

I hope this inspires you to create your very own snowball candles this winter!

Happy holidays, see you in my next video!

• How do I share this. My Mom and my sisters used to make these also...way back when!

• I really like your "It is Well With My Soul" panels. Where did you find them?

• Jewellmartin

I don’t know where Abbie M got her All Is Well sign, but you can make one easily. At Dollar Tree and Walmart, for two, you can find an end rack filled with self stick sayings, funny, inspirational, iconic, that you place inside a frame with your own or purchased backgrounds and other embellishments. Here are two I put together at the beach a year ago.

• Judy Hornbrook

A question: How to clean the wax from the pot and beaters?

• Dana Brown Edwards

We also made the milk carton candles. Melt the wax,set in a wick, put ice cubes, or crushed ice in the carton and pour the wax over it. Let set over night, or a few hours. Pour off the water. Peel off the carton and there's your candle.

• Sharon

I did these ideas years ago [ am almost 80 yrs] and am glad to see them making the rounds again!!!