Plm33883687
Plm33883687
  • Charlotte, NC
Asked on Dec 16, 2018

How do I make my home smell great?

Kathy Gunter LawCribbsStyleNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CA
+6

I'm pretty particular about how my home smells. I use a Glade plug-in in every single plug I have in my home, yet it seems the scents are not strong enough to suit me. I do refill my plugins occasionally with essential oils, but I need some really good tricks how to make my home smell WONDERFUL from the minute you walk in the door. Thank you my friends!

• It could be that you've gotten accustomed to the smell of the plugins, and they no longer seem as strong to you. Have you asked others who visit about how your home smells? Another fragrance technique would be to use orange peels, a cinnamon stick, and a few cloves in a small pot of water. Simmer this on the stove top to make your whole house smell wonderful. Good luck!

• Kelli L. Milligan

I agree, I think you have overloaded your nose. As some truthful friends, usually one per area,is pretty strong.

• Debi53

I'm sure if you care about how your home smells, that your home is very clean, but do you have green plants inside? These clean the air. Do you ever open your windows to let fresh air in? Houses today are often so well insulated that a home can't breath. Find some truly amazing smelling candles. You don't have to burn them, just have them on dressers or the coffee table. This is where you spend money on quality candles--cheap ones will not retain their scent-nor do they actually smell good. You might consider an essential oil diffuser. It mists essential oils into the air. You can also spray your linens with Lavender or other scents. Hope some of these ideas will help.

• Plm33883687

YES to all of your above questions! I realize the importance of green plants. I keep my home as clean as possible using as few chemicals as possible., a lots of vinegar, baking soda and Orange & lemon oil. And maybe my nose has been growing accustomed to the smells, as many of my friends are saying! Thank you all for the viewpoints! I appreciate you all

Hi Plm. What I do is I hang the car fresheners in my floor heater vents. I also, on occasion, will spray my furnace filter. If you want your bathroom to smell good, spray some perfume/cologne, from the dollar store, directly into the water in the toilet. Just a couple or squirts will do. Another thing you can do is spray your light bulbs (while they are still cold) with your favourite fragrance. When you turn the light on, it will heat up the perfume and the room will smell nice:)

• Or just simmer some home made natural potpourri on the stove or baby crock pot - no chemicals!

• CribbsStyle

We typically get used to our own smells. As for plug ins, usually one per room is good unless the room is really big. Having one in every outlet may be a bit much. Have you tried switching brands or fragrance's?

• Kathy Gunter Law

Scentsy melts are more fragrant than other brands. I use laundry scent boosters with a drop of water in my warmers. My whole house smells like fresh laundry.

• Plm33883687

Thank you! I'll try that. That's why I asked this question of you guys, I needed and wanted all of your different opinions! I appreciate it, my friends!