How do I glue my crafts?

+5

What is the best craft glue to use? Does it depend on the project?

• It depends on the project - hot glue is great for anything that needs to dry quickly, while E6000 is non-flammable and permanent. Super glue is good for small projects that need a strong hold.

• Tinyshoes Tinyshoes on Dec 17, 2018

Louise., It does depend on what you are doing. There are a lot of craft glues. You have many just for fabric also. I use a lot of hot glue, low and high heat. I also use E6000 glue. Elmer's is good as well as adding water to it for certain projects, such as; papier-mache. Hope this helps some.

• Diane Coverdale Diane Coverdale on Dec 17, 2018

It actually depends on the material you are using at the time. Certain glues work best on specific materials and others just doesn't. check the label and it should help you out in saving yourself with a bottle of glue that you can't use.

• Lynn Sorrell Lynn Sorrell on Dec 17, 2018

Gorilla Glue,E6000,JBWeld,Carpenter's Glue,2 part Epoxys; Yes,not so much about the material more the weight of materials, but matters for sure if it's going to be inside or outside My favorite overall use on anything Clear Gorilla Glue

• Yes, it does depend on the project. If it's wood and some plastic, a hot melt glue gun is my favorite. But on glass and hard surfaces hot glue is only a temporary hold, so I prefer gorilla glue or epoxy glue. For paper I use regular white glue or a glue stick or perhaps hot glue. For fabric, they make fabric glue that is pliable when dry. Hope that helps?

• Louise Craig Zimmerman Louise Craig Zimmerman on Dec 17, 2018

Thanks all. I really appreciate your answers.

• Lenavines Lenavines on Dec 17, 2018

Varies by product. E6000 for metal and glass. White glue for paper , but an acid free for scrapbooking. And hot glue is always good to have on hand.