Asked on Dec 17, 2018

How do I clean my oven?

BetsyErin Reed | Erin Reed MakesCindy
+3

• Cynthia H

Hi Danielle! Are you looking for a recipe for cleaning products, or something more specific?

• Kelli L. Milligan

I just use Easy Off oven cleaner.

• Cindy

Hi Danielle. I'm Cindy. You can sprinkle baking soda in your oven. Then put some vinegar in a spray bottle and spray it on the baking soda. Then walk away. Wait 20 minutes. And, last but not least, wipe it all up with a clean damp cloth. Good luck Danielle and Happy Holidays.

• Erin Reed | Erin Reed Makes

the baking soda and vinegar idea is wonderful, best way to clean a oven is with elbow grease!!

Hi Danielle: What I use is a paste of vinegar and cream of tartar (the dry stuff). Make a paste and put it on the gunk. Let it sit for about 15 or 20 seconds and then scrape off with a plastic putty knife or one of those plastic scrubbies. You may have to do it a couple of times if the gunk is thick, but usually not. A lot of people don't know, but on most stoves, the door comes off and the bottom of the oven also comes off. You don't have to take the door off to get the oven floor out. Sometimes it's hard to get the door back on:) There is no smell and it is environmentally safe. Good luck.