Asked on Dec 24, 2018

How do I clean water spots off a shower door?

Holly Lengner - Lost MomHandyGirlCaroline
+5

I can't get the water spots off a shower door. Lots of minerals in our water.

• Scott Watson
    Scott Watson

Start with simple vinegar. CLR is a good mineral deposit remover but I think it is citric acid and cheaper alternatives abound. I use water softener cleaner that's granular form and use with a damp cloth

• Fill a spray bottle with a 50/50 solution of Dawn dish soap and vinegar. Spray it on the hard water stains and let it work. If they are tougher stains, you may have to scrub with a plastic scrubbie! I use this all the time, Victoria!

• Garnski
    Garnski

Bar Keepers Friend. Make a paste of it or buy the new liquid form. . .let it sit for several minutes. . .till almost dry. . .rinse. . .repeat if necessary. This removed hardwater stains on my shower doors that I tried EVERYTHING on. Use as maintenance everytime I clean the shower. Good Luck!

• Caroline
    Caroline

I use CLR (you can buy it almost every store.) It gets the hardwater marks off and leaves my shower door gleaming. I spray it on, leave for a couple of minutes and then rinse thoroughly. That's it no more water spots.

• HandyGirl
    HandyGirl

CLR. Tip: If you do not have a shower sprayer with a hose that you can use to rinse, make sure you fill your garden watering can with water in advance so you can use it to rinse. It will save you some grief when you are left trying to throw water onto the door to rinse it off.