Nancy Campbell
Nancy Campbell
  • Saint Petersburg, FL
Asked on Jan 9, 2019

How can I cover damaged paneling with paper?

TereFiddledd224DesertRose

I need to cover some damaged paneling. I would like to paper it. Is that possible and best way to do it.

• DesertRose

I would simply paint it. If you calk the cracks then paint it with Kilz aroma free primer, you can paint it any color. For damages, try some wood putty and spackling if it is needed to cover the damaged part. OR if you feel a need to paper over the damaged area, divide the room with the top painted and bottom half in paper or vice versa (depending if the damage is on top or the bottom). A chair round would look nice to separate the paint from the paper too. Hope this helps Nancy

• Fiddledd224

You can paper it but after you skim coat and sand each panel with spackle......messy and time consuming but it works

• Tere

https://www.brewsterwallcovering.com/hang-wallpaper-over-paneling

The real trick is to make sure you have caulked in those paneling grooves and sanded them to a smooth finish so the wallpaper adheres smoothly, without bubbled up areas.