Asked on Jan 12, 2019

How should I use votives?

Kelly Denoyer RussellJan ClarkSANDY SIMMONS
+5

These are about three inches tall and are crackly mirrored. I thought about epoxy, glitter, ModPodge and stained glass paint then I completely go blank. What would YOU do?

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com

What is your end goal?

• Kelli L. Milligan

I'd use as is, they are lovely. Cluster around a bud vase on table and put candles in them.

• How many do you have? Scatter on a mantle or cocktail table or dining table. Group with a vase or photo frame.

• SANDY SIMMONS

I want to make something out of them to sell at craft fair. I have 48 of them.

• Jan Clark

If the craft fair is just before a specific holiday, I'd use that theme as my starting point. Because open flames are not particularly safe for all ages and places, I'd also get a bulk pack of LED votive candles to put in the cups. This also allows for you to glue things to the cup without the worry of fire. Then, have fun. If it's before Valentine's Day, these would look fantastic with glitter hearts on them. Want something a little fancier? Group three together on a base and stagger their heights by gluing glass stones on the bottom. Scatter potpourri on the plate. Instant fabulous! Price them right and they'll be gone in a flash.

• Kelly Denoyer Russell

That look is popular. Leave and just sell as is. Any work you invest in them will not bring you any extra money.