Linda Lee Bourne
Linda Lee Bourne
  • Ocala, FL
Asked on Jan 14, 2019

How do I re-laminate ugly kitchen cabinets?

Suz RobertsKetoKathy
+5

Re-laminate ugly kitchen cabinets.

q re laminate ugly kitchen cabinets
  • Diana Lewis

Remove doors, hardware and paint.

• Mogie

Agree with Diana. But you might want to sand first to give the new paint something to hold onto and prime before painting.

• Kathy

Get the kit from Home Depot , Rustoleum Cabinet Transformation kit. It's great!

• Keto

Use chalk paint. No prep. Look for homemade chalk paint recipes online. I prefer to us the calcium carbonate recipe and add to sherwin williams $6-7.00 sample. OR you could buy new sheets of wood laminate with paper backing (easier to work with) and use contact cement to attach. Depends the look you're going for. Paint is simpler and would calm your look in the kitchen. Wouldn't look so busy. Good luck.

• Keto

PS. No offense, but I would declutter too.

• Suz Roberts

Re-laminate? as in applying new varnish? Sand it with a fine sand paper just enough to scuff it gently. Wipe it down, let it dry and then apply the varnish. If you want to paint? Then you could rock those old cabinets and really give the kitchen a nice make over. There is a ton of ideas on youtube.