Create a Blooming Valentine's Tea Party Centerpiece

$20

Create an easy tea-themed flower arrangement and centerpiece for Valentine’s Day. A perfect way to share some love with your girlfriends with a Valentine’s Day Tea Party or to celebrate Galentine’s Day!

create a blooming valentine s tea party centerpiece

A holiday of hearts, flowers and chocolate should be celebrated with the ones you love, and that means girlfriends too! With that in mind, I decided a Valentine’s Tea Party would be a fun way to share some love and celebrate.

To create a centerpiece for a Valentine’s Tea, I started with a teapot and some assorted teacups.

I used a favorite method, chicken wire, which makes for quick and easy flower arranging to support flower stems, and best of all, is reusable. You can find chicken wire at the craft store (in smaller rolls) or garden center and it’s easily cut to the size you need with pliers. You’ll want to cut your chicken wire slightly larger than your opening of your container, with enough wire to bend inside your container so it stays in place.

For the smaller teacup arrangements, I used clear waterproof floral tape. You can find it on the floral aisle at the craft store. (I found mine at *Hobby Lobby for $4.) It adheres to dry surfaces, so tape off your grid pattern on your teacup to support your stems before adding your water.

*If shopping at Hobby Lobby, download their mobile app so you can access their 40% off coupon when you shop.

I found a spray of hearts at Hobby Lobby that I cut apart with pliers to add to the teapot arrangement.

I used a combination of spray roses, carnations, alstroemeria and Charmelia from the grocery store for the teapot and teacup arrangements

For longer-lasting flowers:

Cut your flower stems at a 45 degree angle for maximum water uptake and remove any leaves below the water line.

Always add the floral preservative packets to your vase water that come with your flowers.

If you don’t have any floral preservative, you can make your own with this easy formula.

I found this chandelier dessert stand at HomeGoods several weeks ago. . .perfect for serving up cupcakes or teacup flower arrangements too!

Our Valentine’s Tea Table is set up to enjoy the soft glow and twinkle of lights of our Winter Nesting Tree, a cheery way to brighten the house during the cold, gray months of January and February. It's decorated with snowflakes, icy branches, glittery nests, pine cones and bird ornaments. You can find it on my blog or here at Hometalk.

More photos and details of our Valentine's Tea Table, HERE.

Mary @ Home is Where the Boat Is

• Jamie Boyce

So pretty and creative. I can see this changing with the seasons or events. Well done.

• Marilyn

Oh my gosh this is absolutely beautiful!