Asked on Feb 7, 2019

How do I cover an old bush that I cut down?

Naomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CAJan ClarkKathy Gunter Law

I removed the bark. Would like to make it as a center piece. My vision is to have the main branches dark, with the smaller top ones look like frozen rain on them. How do I do this?

• Kathy Gunter Law
    Kathy Gunter Law

Can you add a picture?

• Jan Clark
    Jan Clark

Not sure this will work, but it's worth a try. In taxidermy, when we are creating droplets on foliage and whiskers, we simply use tiny blobs of clear Elmer's glue. (really!) I imagine you can make them larger by adding more glue in layers (allowing it to dry in between applications). If you want a sheen after the 'drops' are added, I'd try a 'frost' type spray paint from a hobby shop, not a gloss, since frozen rain isn't shiny.

• Jan Clark
      Jan Clark

I was referring only to the 'frozen rain' effect. You can lay the branch on its side or set it in a pot or tray. Since I don't know the size of the entire structure - or the size of your table, it's hard to explain. Perhaps a photo as Kathy suggested.

• Take a pail or bucket, mix up some quikrete and set in concrete. Decorate pail or bucket to coordinate with decor. For a less permanent solution, use sand, gravel or kitty litter in any container large enough to keep it stable and upright.