How do I upcycle / refurbish an old bushel basket w / lid?

+4

I was driving to work one morning and saw a bushel basket in the median. I turned around and snatched it up! I am in the process of gluing and sanding it. Need ideas for what to do with it. I have looked at Etsy but nothing jumped out at me. Need sugestions! Thanks!

• Lisa S. Lisa S. on Sep 07, 2018

You can sew a liner for it - and use it for magazines etc..

• Barb Piersol Barb Piersol on Sep 07, 2018

Thanks Lisa! That sounds like a great idea!

• Zard Pocleeb Zard Pocleeb on Sep 07, 2018

Small toy box, hold fire wood (if you have a fireplace), hold balls, paint every other rib (for lack of a better term) a different color, paint every other rib red and green and use it for Christmas.

Thanks Zard! I like your idea of painting the "ribs" different colors! It would give it a funky / retro look! And maybe I'll put a liner in it as well! Thanks again for your helpful feedback!

• DD DD on Sep 07, 2018

Use in bath room for towel storage,kids room for toys,greenery real or silk.

• DD DD on Sep 07, 2018

Line and use for sewing mics. When making liner add a small area to use for a pin cushion. Either in the line or make a small one and sew into edge

• I would add a fabric liner and maybe stencil something small on the outside and keep my yarn inside or craft supplies or mittens and hats. Lots of things could be stored inside.