Asked 2 days ago

How do I identify this plant?

Tony Yi Ping WangShannon Stordock HechtEm
+17

Hi does anyone k ow what kind of plant this is

q identify this plant
  • Please let me know what kinda plant this is
  • Janet Vestal

PLANTSNAP app...you take a pic of leaf/ stem etc on app and it can tell you possibilities....you can then read and determine variety

• Ar Sayre

The broad leaf is a Cereus plant... you can watch it bloom here...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ4lQM9_sL0

I love mine. It blooms once a year about 11pm on a hot summers night. It skips a whole year if I change it's location.

• Pr

I'm pretty sure it's called a night-blooming cereus.

• Jacqueline
    Yesterday

i thought it looked like a sweet pea ?

• Melanie
    Yesterday

They have made an app on Google Play store that will help u identify the plant by its leaf.

IMO though, I think it looks like a sweet pea as well.

Let us know if u try the app and how it goes.

• Redcatcec
    Yesterday

Great suggestions from Janet and Ar, give the links a try and see what you discover! The photo had me convinced it was Sweet Pea as well.

• LibraryKAT
    Yesterday

You could also take it to your local nursery and ask.

• Lah
    21 hours ago

It is a shamrock plant. I am currently bsbysitting two of them for a friend who is out of town

• Ann
    20 hours ago

It’s either cerius or something that my mom had and called an orchid blooming cactus. Her plant had hot pink flowers. I think that cerius have white flowers.

• Pat
    19 hours ago

It is a Night Blooming Cereus. I had one and sometimes branches come out from the stem of a leaf. If you are very patient with it it will reward you with a bloom. It took mine years and years to bloom, at night!

• Laura
    15 hours ago

It is a Night Blooming Cereus. They are easy to grow and easy to make new ones simply by putting a cutting into a glass of water and wait for the roots to grow. Unfortunately, mine has never bloomed.

• Van.Isle.BC
    13 hours ago

https://www.picturethisai.com/

Nice to see people helping people.

This is the app. I use.

• Lucinda Cristler
    10 hours ago

Judging by what the plant looks like in the pot, it appears to be a birds nest fern or a blue fern with a leggy growth

• Em
    9 hours ago

Laura is the only correct one. it is a night blooming cerus. It gets a huge flower opens for one day and dies.

• I'm debating with myself between a Rhipsalis and the Night Blooming Cereus.

• Tony Yi Ping Wang
    30 minutes ago

Some people call it "silk flower"