Vicki
Vicki
  • Dayton, OH
Asked 3 days ago

How do I get rid of the stickiness?

Esther Baca BerglingBetty DaleDebi53
+11

I have several of these that I have had in my cabinets for many years. They are sticky and slightly discolored. How do I easily clean them? I don’t have a dishwasher.

q get rid of the stickiness
  • Dee

Run them through the dishwasher

• Bonnie

I had several sticky jello molds from my grandma. The stickiness comes from the gas from the stove. I put hit water in a sink with Dawn dish liquid and soaked them for about 1/2 hour. Then, just wash them. Hth!

• Gk

It is hard to get that grimy stickiness off these kind of shelves. Try some Dawn dishsoap in hot water in the sink. Scrub with a handheld brush. Rinse. Let dry. I think over time these get sticky because the the plastic is starting to deteriorate. They are just a victim of great kitchen grime. Once they start to discolor there is not much you can do except buy new.

• Soak in a tub of water, vinegar and dish soap. Be generous with the vinegar.

• Lynn Sorrell

put in lrg plastic tub with hot water & Dawn dish soap may need to add some vinegar scrub with stiff scrub brush or green scrubber sponge or put in your bathtub same way hot water & Dawn

• Liz

heavy duty krud kutter

• Shower/bath tub: spray w/hot water. Spray w/ammonia. Rest. Rinse.

• Dee

I'd rinse it in Dawn dish detergent then if you have a dishwasher put it in there to get clean.

• I too stick in my dishwasher, had a set for maybe 20 years.

• Tsp buy it follow directions dish wash with high heaT IF POSSIBLE

• Make a strong solution of Spic and Span and submerge the rack. Let set overnight. Scrub/rub with a rag, rinse, let dry and put back into your cabinet. I love Spic and Span.

• Pam
    Yesterday

I've used Goo Gone with good results

• Debi53
    21 hours ago

Home Depot carries a product called Spray Nine. I use it to clean anything that is grease coated--especially for grimy rental stoves and microwaves. I haven't found any kind of grease that this won't clean. Put the racks in a tub. Spray liberally with Spry Nine. Let it sit for 30 minutes or so. Use a soft brush or a cloth and hot soapy water to remove the grease. Then rinse and dry.

• Betty Dale
    20 hours ago

Little Dawn in water

• Esther Baca Bergling
    31 minutes ago

Vinegar & water