Stylish Bath Toy Storage That Transforms to Guest Luxury

$30

The bathroom nearest our kids' rooms doesn't have a tub, so we instead bath the kids in the guest bathroom. Our boys have lots of bath toys that always ended up stacking on the side of the tub because by the time they were dry enough to put away in the cabinet, it was time for another bath.
I needed to find a storage solution that allowed us to clean up while the toys were still wet, and I had three requirements: (1) no suction cups - they never stick; (2) it had to be stylish; (3) it needed to be able to swap out to a more adult use when guests visit.
We finally came up with the perfect solution!
We purchased an Ikea Grundtal rail and installed it above the tile tub surround. The buckets that are made to hang from the rail are cute, but at $10-16 each, they were more than I wanted to spend. Then I discovered that the Rationell Recycling Bins also fit the Grundtal rail, and are much more affordable at only $4 each.
Since I wanted to be able to put all of the tub toys away while still wet, we drilled holes in the bottom of each Rationell to allow the water to drain out. After filling a bin with water to test the effectiveness of our holes, we discovered that we needed to add an additional row of holes along the front edge so that water wouldn't pool.
Since I wanted this storage to be both functional and stylish, I added fun bath related words to the front of each bin.
We leave these bins full of tub toys hanging from the rail the majority of the time, but when we have guests visiting, I simply tuck the bins away in a cabinet, and use the rail to hang a towel, a magazine and other bath essentials. The bathroom doesn't have a towel bar near the tub, so this is a perfect solution and gives the bathroom a spa like feel.
You can read all of the details, including how I added the words to the bins, in the full blog post.

Angela, Blue i Style

• Maureen

Very cute & creative idea!!!!

• J

This is a very cute idea! And I love how it looks when it transforms to the adult version. Nice job!