Asked on Mar 21, 2019

How can I change this?

Columbia GBThe Paper MamaFrugalFamilyTimes.com
+8

I’m getting tired of this need ideas.

q i m getting tired of this need ideas

i would like to get rid of the glass doors on these bookshelves and just a little refresh.

• Bonnie Terk

You could remove the glass doors and paint them with a fresh white or grey to lighten up the space and update or add beautiful hardware knobs and drawer pulls. Good luck!

• Zard Pocleeb

You can paint the entertainment center white to brighten it up.

• Brenda Meairs

The fireplace is gorgeous. I'd either paint the cabinets a brighter color or remove them totally. Paint the wall a brighter color, wall mount the tv and put a corner cabinet in or shelving with a small and short eclectic cabinet for the electronics to open it up.

• Tim

Have you tried taking all the /4doors of to make like a shadow type box use dollar store fabric boxes to break it up, maybe mount T.V above fireplace, it would need a braket from Big box stores. Just a thought. Have a good time at it! T.R

Hi Debbie: This is beautiful, but I know what you mean. If you get rid of the doors, remember that you will have to fill in the screw holes, the patch won't match perfectly and you will be staring at that! Or, if you're really good, the patch will match:) One thing you might do is to just change out your decorations. Put some brightly coloured flowers on the mantel or hearth, or, even inside of the fireplace. Keep the mantel cleared, except for a few things, like a couple of candle holders. Maybe a nice picture or large mirror where that round thing is. Move the wire horse to the hearth as well as the deer. You don't have to spend a lot of money, just take stuff from different parts of the house and change them out with some of the stuff in the cabinets. Same stuff, new place:) You'd be amazed at what you have and how nice it will look in a different place. Good luck

• Oliva

Try adding some brightly colored/light colored porcelain items/bound books in light colored jackets to the case shelf areas. A really large clock or a mirror over the fireplace in a lighter color would look impressive.

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com

Painting those built ins would make an amazing difference! I’d suggest pulling a grey or grey-ge tone out of the stones. :)

• The Paper Mama

All great suggestions. I agree with painting the wood and maybe adding some new hardware.

• Columbia GB

This makeover was just posted here. Maybe do something similar as far as two tone look - https://www.hometalk.com/42101724/amazing-gray-dresser-makeover