Asked on Mar 30, 2019

What is the best greasy food stain remover for cotton t-shirts?

BuzzyAnnThea Osborne/ That Sweet Tea Life
+20

I’ve used Shout, Oxiclean and others. But I always end up throwing out clothing or continue wearing them inhouse between washings.

• Shore grandmom
    Shore grandmom

Blue dawn. Just put some on the stain and rub it in, let it sit for a little bit, then wash it. Don't dry it in the dryer until you know the stain is gone.

• Shore grandmom
      Shore grandmom

I, honestly don't know, but it's worth a try. It might take a few washes if it does work. Just remember not to put it in the dryer until the stain is completely gone because the heat locks the stain in. Good luck.

• Mogie
    Mogie

I use this diy pre-treater idea on almost all of my hubby's clothes. Love it.

https://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/4-ingredient-homemade-stain-remover/

• Oliva
      Oliva

Generally speaking, once you've dried the article, you've "fixed" the stain, permanently. Check the article carefully after washing. If you have any doubts, line dry it, until stain is removed.

Try immediately soaking stains in cold water for several hours, with a pre-treatment such as Dawn liquid dish liquid. Do not scrub at this time, as you may force the stain further into the fabric. Follow with a laundry pre-treatment and scrub with a soft nail brush, on the WRONG side of the fabric, to keep the stain from further entering fabric.

Resolve laundry stain also works well, but repeat application may be required.

Launder as directed. Check for residual stain, then repeat, before drying in the dryer.

• Lynn Sorrell
    Lynn Sorrell

put Dawn Ultra dish soap on spot rub it in with finger let sit for at least an hour or more then rinse well under cold water

• Barbara
    Barbara

Clorox2 Active Oxygen. I've had great luck with this. It just takes a dot, let it set for 10 minutes then wash. Do not dry in dryer until you see if the stain is gone. If not, repeat.

• Nadine Harris
    Nadine Harris

I have had good luck with Spray n wash. green bottle, adjustable spray tip. It has been around for years, available at Wal-Mart.

• Ann
    Ann

Ok. Thanks. Sounds easy!

• Beth
    Beth

I have used Goo Gone. It says on the label that it can be used on fabric, and it works on greasy stains when nothing else does.

• Ann
      Ann

Wow. That’s new. I have plenty of that stuff, but never thought to use it on fabric. Thanks very much.

• Sandra Tempesti Fleming
    Sandra Tempesti Fleming

Use Dawn as pre-treatment.

• Ann
    Ann

Thank you.

• I would get a bar of felsNaptha and try that!

• Ann
    Ann

Thanks!

• Buzzy
    Buzzy

A squirt off blue dawn dish soap...the throw it in the wash....if the stain is bad give it a scrub first...