AmyLawrance
AmyLawrance
  • Canada
Asked on Apr 9, 2019

How to DIY a fuel cell train model?

SharonBetsyJewellmartin
+2

My son wants help from me to make a model of this hydrogen fuel cell train for his science project. I have no clue about it. Please give me tips on how to make it.

• Lynn Sorrell

here is video how to make one & everything you both need to do it... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrKk60mr3Lg he will have to figure out how to get the fuel cell to run the train.

• Kmdreamer

Check on u tub there are videos

• Jewellmartin

And let him do the work, even if the train doesn’t work. An experiment that doesn’t work is just one choice less to try the same way again.

Hi Amy: I checked into this and came up with: How about trying to convince him to use a rubber band and a bobby pin? This is just so above my comprehension! Good luck to him and how nice that he's smart enough to understand all of this!

• Sharon

I agree with Jewel, being a science geek myself who has entered science fairs..... its about the learning process. You learn even if it doesn't work, its the process of discovery, you have to do the research. You will be teaching him to cheat if you make it for him.

You can start by researching how to make a hydrogen fuel cell on YouTube. This will be a complicated build if he's never done anything like this and they can be explosive.