Nancy
Nancy
  • Madison, OH
Asked on Apr 12, 2019

How do I get cobwebs off 18 foot ceilings of popcorn?

OhiornBetsyDwp7470b
+2

Cobwebs off 18 foot popcorn ceilings

• Kelli L. Milligan

First of all, shame on anyone who did popcorn on that ceiling. I use a "webster" with a telescoping handle that will reach a 10ft ceiling. It's like a swifter but round. I guess you need a 12 ft ladder and use a Webster. Be careful.

• Dee

If you have a long tube on your vacuum cleaner you can dust the ceilings with that. If not buy some PVC and attach it to your vacuum cleaner and use it as an extension.

• Dwp7470b

I agree with Dee: Most vacuums have an attachment that will do the trick.

Please however, be careful to use minimal pressure on the brush, otherwise you will end up vacuuming small chips of your ceiling off the floor too.

Hi Nancy: Hate those webs! Like the others, I agree with using the vacuum. But, you can use a paper towel tube on the end of your hose. If it has too much suction, just poke a few holes in the paper tube:) You may not have to use the brush attachment. Good luck

• Ohiorn

If you get on a ladder, please make sure you have someone else with you. I agree with the vacuum or telescoping duster. These are preferable to a ladder. Be safe!