Joanna
Joanna
Asked on Apr 14, 2019

How do I get rid of a huge muddy puddle in backyard?

KmdreamerLinda SikutMaura White
+1

My backyard is not leveled. Everytime it rains the uneven lower parts of the backyard get filled with water, creating a muddy mess. What is the easiest way to solve this issue?

• Fiddledd224

I have a yard with clay soil so this happens all the time! I would have sand or fine pea gravel delivered and mixed in with topsoil to make the ground more porous so the water can be absorbed....a by of an expense but worth it long term.

• Maura White

Pour in some gravel, and then cover it with dirt until it is level. Then re-seed with grass.

• Linda Sikut

Hi Joanna,

Our neighbor had the same problem and they ended up calling a professional to install better drainage in their back yard. Apparently most of the homes in this area were built with a french drain and theirs had deteriorated. If you home is older, have it checked out to see if gravel and dirt will work or if you need new drainage. Wishing you the best.

• Kmdreamer

Get top soil and fill that mud puddle in