Rach
Rach
  • Philadelphia, PA
Asked 3 days ago

How do I get rid of coffee cup burns and deep scratches on my marble?

JohnFlorida BeachpotatoBetsy
+5

Hello Everyone!how do I get rid of coffee cup burns and deep scratches on my marble table? It looks awful and no matter how hard I try to clean it, it won’t come off.

q scratched and burned marble table
q scratched and burned marble table
  • Tinyshoes

Rach....I made a paste with soda and water...put over marble, covered with saran wrap and left for 24 hours...removed the wrap and rubbed with damp soft cloth. It really helped mine and it was well over 100 years old .

• Rach

Oh wow! I will absolutely try this, thank you so much!

• Dane
    Yesterday

Use toothpaste. Then polish it.

Yesterday

Hi Rach: Another voice out of the wilderness:) Give this a go if the other things don't work: Try a paste made out of baking soda and water if the burn marks are still visible. Apply the paste to the burn mark, let sit for three hours and then wipe away with a clean, damp cloth.

• I got Turtle wax Polishing Compound at Auto section of Walmart, used a small bonnet on my electric drill attachment. Applied to the marble with some easy strokes and it became like new and shiney. Easy pezy.

It had been the front desk counter top at a hotel built in 1917. Now a park in West Palm Beach, So many years of oils and dirt came right off. Beautiful.

• John
    An hour ago

I go with what tinyshoes said.