What to do with a tree stump?

+8

I have a tree stump in my side yard from where I had to have a damaged tree cut down after a storm. The tree service did a good job and cut it down as low and evenly as possible but it still sticks out like a sore thumb. I don't have a lot of money to spend on this and am looking for ideas to beautify it. Help please :)

• D fuhrman D fuhrman on Apr 25, 2019

My neighbor put mulch around it and placed a beautiful bird bath on it. The mulch kinda hides the fact that it's a tree stump. It looks very nice.

• Joy30150932 Joy30150932 on Apr 25, 2019

You can always place a large plant pot over the top. In the meantime, drill holes in the stump and pour in some Epsom salts. This will help to deteriorate the stump faster and you will not have to hire someone to pull out the stump.

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Apr 25, 2019

Turn it into a fairy garden. This is popular right now and I've seen accessories in the Dollar Tree.

• Margie Margie on Apr 25, 2019

Try to decorate Itin the meantime

• Hi Darlene - Hubby built this adorable bee skep out of a tree stump to help keep the pollinators in our yard. Hope this helps with some inspiration! Hugs, Holly

https://pinkfortitude.com/bee-house/

• Wexster Wexster on Apr 26, 2019

use an out door stain and turn it into a garden seat.

• Dorothy A Crowley Dorothy A Crowley on Apr 27, 2019

So many good ideas already. You could also glue broken pots to it and plant succulents or flowers

• Darlene Williman Darlene Williman on Apr 29, 2019

Yes, so many wonderful ideas. Thank you all :)

• Lilibet, HomeTalker Lilibet, HomeTalker on May 12, 2019

How about adding a piece of wood on top to create an outdoor table and place some chairs around it? You could even use an old tabletop that you may have laying around or find one that someone is throwing out. The top could be stained or painted for outdoor use and be another spot you could enjoy in your yard.

• Sandy Wegmann Sandy Wegmann on May 12, 2019

If you can't afford to have the guys come and grind out the stump, use it as a pedestal for a large flower pot -- could look beautiful!

• Janet Janet on May 12, 2019

Make a Fairy House for the top get something that will trail down the sides. Google " Fairy house from tree stump"