Coach77cfc
Coach77cfc
  • United Kingdom

How can I keep a cat from using my garden as its toilet?

Coach77cfcBrittany @by Brittany GoldwynKmdreamer
+2

how can I keep a cat from using my garden as its toilet its driving me nuts only uses the top of the garden that's a bit bare

• Theresa

Maybe place a few prickly cactus' in that area? I had a raised bed in my yard that the cats loved. I put carpet tack strips all over it and that kept the cats away. Now that it has foliage, they no longer bother it.

• Perhaps you could add some hostas or other easy to care for perennials to the area. If there are plants there, the cat won't be able to dig and go.

• Kmdreamer

Try putting some moth balls around we’re he goes

• Coffee grounds and orange peels

• Coach77cfc

found a trick that you use bottles of water cut triangle shapes at the neck of the bottle fill 3/4 of the way up with water make a small hole for the bottle to fit (more stability) add moth balls they aren't porous so they don't melt into the water and last quite a while I am now looking for mothballs and will try this out of cleared away all old mess from cat then planted Lavender plants they say don't like the smell