Which type of flooring is best for resale of a house?

FlipturnBrittany @by Brittany GoldwynRebecca Taylor
+2

I am planning on installing new flooring for bathroom. I want to know which one is the best for resale--plank vinyl flooring, ceramic tile or porcelain tile.

As for the bedrooms, I am installing carpet.

• Etet

Right now seems like all things hardwood here in Indiana. Carpet is not wanted anywhere. Lovely area rugs seem to be big. Tile in bathrooms but taste in tile ranges widely. Good luck.

• Gk

Plank vinyl flooring will be your easiest solution. Buy water resistant flooring-Life Proof found at Home Depot is a good one. Stage your bathroom with fresh towels, a new shower curtain, bathroom rugs, and reduce all the clutter. Freshen up your vanity if you need to by installing a new one or adding a new top and faucets to the present vanity, and painting or using gel stain.

• Rebecca Taylor

Hi Sylvia, people tend to go crazy for hardwood floors so I would say plank vinyl flooring that looks like wood.

• We just did Home Depot Lifeproof vinyl planks in the basement and it is quite nice! You can see a post about it here.

• Flipturn

Whichever floor covering you do decide on, choose lighter, neutral colours and no pattern. It will make the rooms look cleaner, larger, and will appeal to the widest range of buyer preferences.