How can I improve this rough concrete fountain?

PSLTony
+10

I have a leaking rough looking fountain in my yard that I would love to improve. Any ideas about what I can do with it would be appreciated. Resurface? Tile it? Mosaic parts? Add a different base with tile?

q need help with this rough concrete fountain
  • Yvette Leyte Vidal

Maybe some roof or oool sealant might help

• Mogie

If the leak in inside one of the bowl areas you might try spray flex seal. Not sure what colors are available but if you could get a gray it would be much less noticeable.

• Robyn Garner

You don't say/show where it's leaking so it's hard to give a specific answer. What about that liquid rubber Flex seal stuff?

How about spraying "great stuff" expanding foam sealant and then carving/painting to shape?

• Mogie

Just checked and all the flex seal site says about this is the spray flex seal is available in 12 colors. Sorry but not sure what colors those are.

Hi Alice: You don't say where the leak is, but I'd try the Flex Seal or something similar. Follow the directions and, be sure the area is completely dry for the best application. After that, use a sealant for the fountain to keep it waterproof. There are several great spray on products for this. Good luck

• Tony

Plant flowers in it

• SL

I would probably paint it with some metallic paints like copper, green and bronze.

• P

If its leaking inside, use concrete to fix it. If you cant stop the leak or want to change your decor up, plant succulents inside. ..with maybe creeping jenny over the edges.

• P

Flex seal does not continue to work for me. Use quickmix? concrete for even small jobs.