Here is an article that can be helpful.
I’ve been trying. That stuff is invasive!
There is a product called Ground Clear. It's pretty toxic, but it's the only thing I've found that works. Follow the directions exactly. And definitely wear gloves. NOTHING will grow from the treated area for about 6 months - depending on the climate where you live. To give you a perspective... back in the day, my dad would use kerosene for the same effect.
Richard, Go to this website - https://www.domyown.com/
Ask them. Be specific about where and what, such as; if it's in your lawn, then what type of lawn is it, rye, fescue etc. If you email them, you'll get your answer in 24 hours. They are super knowledgeable, outstanding customer service and most of the products they sell for lawn care are products you won't find in box stores and are used by professionals. If you do decide to buy from them, you'll have your order in days.