Cindy
Cindy
  • New City, NY
Asked on Jun 25, 2019

How do I keep bees away?

Jane martinNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CAAnn
+2

• Rebecca Taylor

Hi Cindy, To minimise bee activity, try using natural bee repellents (such as tea-tree oil and benzaldehye; lemongrass, peppermint oil and citronella; or citrus, mint and eucalyptus oils) and keep any food and drink well covered.

• Repligator

Best answer... don't. The bees are there for a reason, and they are very necessary animals. Be glad you have them.

• Ann

if they come around food while you are eating outside be careful you don't eat one-ouch! so best answer to that is 'eat inside'

Repligator is right-bees have almost become extinct and we need every one alive

• I have patio fans. We live in harmony. Bees are necessary to our eco system. I do have an EPI pen on hand just in case someone gets stung and is allergic. Never had to use it so far. Most people know and carry their own.

• Jane martin

No no you should be pleased to have bees.I plant averything I can to attract them ,even have a wild garden for all the butterflies and bees.We need them to survive without tgem we are doomed.