Is there a DIY solution for flea removal using apple cider vinegar?

Wanda WhittakerMitziKmdreamer
+2

Hi Wanda: I also use Dawn dish washing soap to wash my pets. Fill the sink, or whatever you are using, with warm water and ad a couple of squirts of the blue Dawn dish washing soap. Let the foam sit on the pet for about 4 or 5 minutes, rinse well and dry the pet on a light coloured towel. You will see the dead fleas fall off. Also, you can make a spray of 16 oz of water and about 1/4 teaspoon of Dawn and spray the area. That should kill the fleas, too. When you vacuum, clean out the tube or throw out the bag immediately. Put it in a plastic bag. Fleas just love that enviroment and will come out of the bag or tube and reinfest your home. Fleas have a life span of about a month, so a quick fix isn't possible. You have to kill the eggs before they hatch, and they do that on a regular basis:( So, keep with it and you will win. I did:)

I have had very good luck with Frontline, just be sure that the package DOES NOT have an expiration date. Frontline doesn't have an expiration date, but the knock-offs do. Get the right dose for the size of your pet, you don't want to over dose or under dose your pet.

Good luck

• Kmdreamer

Dawn dish soap works give a bath with it soap up well

• Mitzi

I am also a Dawn user. My granddaughter & I brought home a rescue puppy just last night. We could see the flesa crawling on him. First, my granddaughter kept him outside on leash, & brushed him really good to loosen everything up, then straight to the bath with Dawn. We both gave him a vigorous scrubbing & scrubbed during prince. My bathtub had at least 75 fleas, dead, laying on bottom after water drained!!

• Wanda Whittaker

thank you. I'll give that a try . I hope it works...I have 4 large dogs and in this weather they want the air conditioning.