How do I clean the smell of urine from a recliner?

Debbie KBetsyCynthia H
+3

How do i clean urine from a lift up recliner? Specially the smell?

• Nancy Turner

Straight white vinegar in a spray bottle. If it has fabric, make sure to spray it heavy enough to go through into the stuffing. This works for cat urine, which is the worst. Let it dry, once the vinegar smell is gone, give it the sniff test to make sure you didn't miss any spots or get it far enough into it. The vinegar will also kill any germs that may be on it.

• Dave Byrd

Vinegar

• Cynthia H

For urine I use an enzyme product first and then scrub with vinegar.

Hi Socorro: I have used a product called Odormute. Pet Supplies Plus used to carry it, but I'm not sure now. You can get it online. You need a product that will change the chemical properties of the urine, or an enzyme eater. Also, Odormute will clean the spot. I have used it for years and have not been disappointed. Even on cat pee stains that were over 16 years old under a carpet, through the padding, in a corner and onto the wooden floor. Never knew the cats were using that area:( AC takes care of a lot of smells. Also cleaned and whitened my son's baseball pants. The cats peed on them and I found out a year later (they were in a box) and the pants came out white and stink free. The stuff seems expensive, but you just use a little bit. It's environmentally safe, you can use it on your pet for skunk smells, and it's made in the USA! Doesn't get any better than that. Good luck with whatever you use.

• Debbie K

Hi Socorro, this link has great information for you

https://www.hunker.com/12232110/how-to-clean-urine-out-of-couch-cushions