Gayla
Gayla
  • Adolphus, KY

What can I use to cut grease on the kitchen stove?

Lynn SorrellKathy Gunter LawBetsy
+2

What will cut grease from the kitchen stove, I tried vinegar and also oven cleaner, the cleaner helped but did not get it all, and I prefer something natural if possible?ThanksSincerely, Gayla Stahl

• Kelli L. Milligan

Not sure anything natural is strong enough. I just keep at it with the oven cleaner, maybe try another brand.

• Oliva

Try a paste of baking soda and a slight amount of hot water. Let set several hours, then dampen and scrub with a soft cloth.

Hi Gayla: What I use is a paste of vinegar and cream of tartar (the dry stuff). Make a paste and put it on the gunk or grease. Let it sit for about 15 or 20 seconds and then scrape off with a plastic putty knife or one of those plastic scrubbies. You may have to do it a couple of times if the gunk is thick, but usually not. There is no smell and it is environmentally safe. Good luck.

• Kathy Gunter Law

GP66 and Fuller degreaser are safe for the kitchen area.

• Lynn Sorrell

Dawn dish soap and really hot water;Ammonia and water green scrubber sponges,rub