Have you tried making a solution of borax and water? Wipe it on the affected area using a cloth to remove the mold. Rinse well. Be aware that borax is toxic so use caution. Pour onto a cloth and don't apply as a spray to prevent inhaling it!
Plain old white vinegar will do the trick. Vinegar kills mold spores.
Make sure you add an exhaust fan.
Hi Rosalyn - There are several ways to get rid of mold, but most importantly, you need to address the root cause to keep it from returning. This article focuses on the bathroom, but is an overall great article that covers methods of how to remove mold, if bleach is safe to use, and how to prevent it from coming back. Hope this helps! Hugs, Holly
PS - We have a FREE eBook with recipes for all of my homemade and all-natural cleaners. You can download it here --> https://pinkfortitude.com/thank#GreenClean
Spray bleach, but make sure you have good ventilation. DO NOT MIX with any other cleaners, it can kill you.