How can I clean pet odors out of furniture?

Debbie/Dragonfly Treasure4637385Toni @ Girl, Just DIY!
+5

How to get pet odors out of furniture

• Jennifer
    Jennifer

I use good ole' baking soda, let it sit for awhile then vacuum

• Amanda
    Amanda

Hi Rose. I agree with Jennifer I sprinkle mine with baking soda and let it sit and then vacuum up. You can also use a carpet cleaner and clean it.

• Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes

Rose...Lots of people use Febreeze.

• Gk
    Gk

How you can remove pet odor will depend on what kind of fabric you have on your furniture. If it is a fabric I would use a carpet cleaner with the upholstery attachment and purchase a bottle of the carpet cleaner that is said to remove pet odors. You will probably have to go over the furniture a few times making sure you extract as much moisture as you can as you clean. After you do the cleaning product I would just fill the machine with clean water and do a rinse to remove as much of the cleaning product as possible. If is a faux leather I would use a bucket of warm water and some dishsoap to wipe down with a soft rag a few times then some vinegar mixed with warm water to wipe down again, and dry with a soft cloth. The vinegar smell will dissipate and hopefully take the odors with it!

• Kathy Gunter Law
    Kathy Gunter Law

OdoBan is my favorite odor eliminator product.

• Toni @ Girl, Just DIY!
    Toni @ Girl, Just DIY!

Pet odor eliminator is amazing stuff, or skunk odor eliminator. That's what I used to get rid of stinky fish smell when my husband's fishing ice chest sprung a leak in the back of my suv, it saved him having to buy me a new car LOL It's an enzyme based product that basically eats away the stink. I prefer stuff that doesn't have a lot of added scent.

• Debbie/Dragonfly Treasure
    Debbie/Dragonfly Treasure

Nature's Miracle, an enzyme cleaner that smells like oranges. works great!