What should I use to clean dirty windows?

PatNoahNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CA
+6

Windows are are dirty with hands prints and smooches

• Kelli L. Milligan

I use Sprayway glass cleaner. Comes in a can, blue lid, ammonia free. It's a foam and smells great.

• Dfm

dishwashing liquid, dawn, polmolive etc and a squeegee. the same amount of dish liquid you would wash the dishes in.

• Toni @ Girl, Just DIY!

Method makes a really good non-toxic window cleaner. Make sure you use a lint free cloth. If they're really dirty you should start with a wet cloth to remove any lose dirt first, our outside windows by the road have lots of surface dirt that I remove first before using the cleaner.

• 4637385
  • Kathy Gunter Law

A damp microfiber cloth should produce a streak free finish. Don’t do on a hot, sunny day. I prefer SuperCloth and use it for glass, screens, and appliances. It is similar to the cloth you receive with glasses/sunglasses. It was well worth the investment. They were under $40 for 4 of them about 5 years ago.

• Within the Grove

I just tried a product by Windex that I found at Home Depot. You connect it to your water host and it's very simple to use. You spray your windows down with water first, then turn the nozzle to activate the cleaner in the bottle, spray your windows, let it sit for 15 seconds and then spray it off with water. It's pretty cool!

• Vinegar water solution is all I have ever used along with newspaper or a microfiber cloth. Do not wash in direct sunlight.

• Noah

One of my favorite window cleaning hacks is my own window cleaning solution using simple distilled vinegar, otherwise known as white vinegar. This is an easy-to-find product (if you don’t already have it around the house). Its acidic composition works efficiently to help break down the streaky film that can accumulate on your windows and other glass surfaces. Follow these easy steps:

2 cups water

1/4 cup white vinegar

1/2 teaspoon dish detergent

Thats it!

Also you will need window cleaning equipment port Elizabeth. Window Cleaning Squeegees, window washer or window cleaning kit

• Pat

I have used the Windex product that hooks to your hose...works great but do it on a cloudy day. I found out the hard way...Streakville!