How do I cut out a sink that is integrated with my countertop?

ElaineWilliamGeorge taylor
+8

Sink is built in with countertop. It is like the corian solid surface counter

• Nicki Petruzzella Kerns
    Nicki Petruzzella Kerns

I have no idea, but your countertop is beautiful.

• Elaine
    Elaine

Thank you! I love the countertop but I need to get rid of the sink and replace it with a stainless one!

• Kelli L. Milligan
    Kelli L. Milligan

You'll need a sink that is bigger than what you have. Use its template then use a diamond blade saw blade in a jigsaw, may need to keep it wet. Not too sure it will be easy. They aren't made to be cut out. May take many blades if it would even work.

• BrokeCrazyLady
    BrokeCrazyLady

Double check the under side. That does not look like it is integrated to me... it looks like it is held in place by little clamps on the bottom of the counter top. That's how mine is assembled.

• George taylor
    George taylor

put the sink upside down on the worktop get it in the position you want then draw a line around the outside of the sink and remove sink now take tape measure and measure in from the lines 1/2" into the area of the sink on all 4 side and now cut the inner marks with jigsaw this will give you 1/2" all round

• Elaine
      Elaine

I would have to take out the whole countertop to turn it upside down

• George taylor
    George taylor

ok elaine there should be small clamps under the worktop to hold down the sink to the worktop if possible unscrew these then the sink should lift out with a little bit of prising ,but sometimes they can become corroded in this case they would have to be cut off you don,t have to remove them fully a few turns and then you should be able swivel them away from the the worktop

• Elaine
      Elaine

This sink is glued on the same way they do the seams to make the countertop seamless

William

You would need a sink larger than the one you have with a lip. You would need a carbide drill bit and a carbide blade circular saw. Tape off the countertop with blue painters tape around the sink. Measure the top of new sink. Transfer the measurements to the countertop less 1/2". Measure accurately. So lip will ride the counter. Drill holes in the corners first. Then drill from hole to hole. Make sure you support the old sink from underneath. It will be slow going with solid surface. Let the saw do the work. Don't force it so not to crack the counter.

• Elaine
    Elaine

Thank you! I knew it could be done!