Modern Idoor Planters With Paint Pens

$8

Hello! It's Jess from Jessica Welling Interiors. These oh-so-easy modern indoor plant pots require a paint pen and about 10 minutes of your time! If you can draw lines, you can do this, I promise!I'm currently obsessed with indoor plants, and I need more and more pots for them. But cool modern planters are expensive! So I've been trying to come up with ways to upgrade inexpensive pots. Of all the different planters I've decorated, this is the simplest and my favorite!Ok, let's get started!

I found these grey recycled plastic NYPON pots for $2 and $3 at Ikea. They come in 5 different sizes, and I recommend getting a variety.

This little pot was my inspiration, and I copied the line pattern from it.

Starting at top, I used a white medium-tip paint pen to draw straight-ish vertical lines down the pot. As you can see, I did breaks in some of the lines to sort of mimic a wood-gran pattern.

On another pot, I did a similar pattern with the same paint pen, but this time it was horizontal. I started at the top rim of the pot and went around and around, breaking the lines off once in a while. I did this all the way to the bottom of the pot. The paint needs a few minutes to dry, and it's ready to plant!

And look at that! It's done! I can't think of many projects that are easier than this one! Now come check out the spaces I'm using these fun pots in!

Oh and here are more ideas DIY modern planters using the same materials!

31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Jessica Welling Interiors

• Angie Weisheit
    Angie Weisheit

I don't have an IKEA near me. Can these pots or similar be purchased elsewhere in store? Thanks!

• Rr
    Rr

do the pots have a drain hole?

• Kyralee
      Kyralee

These plastic ones do not, but they are easy to drill a drain hole since they are thick plastic.

• Thea
    Thea

I can’t get into your last link.

• Thea
      Thea

I’m guessing it’s 10 minute terra-cotta pots’?

• Kyralee
    Kyralee

Way to dress up those pots! I saw those at Ikea recently and really liked the shape/style of them but did think they were sort of "blah". Now I am re-thinking that!

• Rr
    Rr

Thank you. In the past, i cracked a plastic pot by drilling a hole in the bottom