Asked on Aug 16, 2019

How do I clean pillows?

JewellmartinWilliamGk
+1

How do I clean pillows

• Cynthia H

I wash mine in Oxiclean.

• Gk

You can wash them in a washing machine if they are polyester filled. If they are feather filled you will need to wash them by hand rather than in a machine.

Here is how one person washes their pillows:

https://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/how-to-whiten-yellowed-pillows

• Jewellmartin

Wash them, two at a time, in the washing machine. I just use Gain in cold water. I don’t have down or loose fiberfill pillows. I usually air dry all pillows on an old, clean window screen over the bathtub, but many pillows can be dried on low heat in the dryer. For inexpensive decorative pillows with sewn on covers, I toss them in the washer and dryer and hope for the best. For special pillows with removable covers, I spot clean any stains, and hand wash the covers with Woolite. If the covers have a lot of embroidery, felt, or other thick designs, I may use a hair blow dryer since the longer it takes them to dry, the more wrinkled they may get. I wash bed pillows one to four times a year, and decorative pillows once a year, or as needed. My Pillows and Memory Foam pillows recommend that schedule, although frequency may affect durability. Pillows that cost $10 or less seldom last a year of looking and feeling nice, although I keep them for years for backups. Best wishes to you. Jewell