Asked on Aug 21, 2019

How can I unclog a slow drain?

Mary BethJewellmartinLifestyles Homes
+2

How do you unclog a slow drain without using drano

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com

Boiling water or baking soda scooped down the drain followed by vinegar.

Try to clean as much material out of the drain first- I use long tweezers and try to remove any hair or other stuff before we do anything else.

• Tanya

Thank you. I will try it.

• Lifestyles Homes

I would buy septic tank enzymes, that will eat what’s in there. If you already put Drano in there, or vinegar in there, those live little critters, will not like that.

If that is the case, I would buy an inexpensive snake that will chuck into my cordless drill, and snake it clean. That is a small investment that you can keep the rest of your life.

• Jewellmartin

I don’t have any long tweezers, unfortunately. So I use a straightened clothes hanger. It pokes holes in the plug, allowing water to drain out slowly. I also have a $1 plastic hook with sawtooth edges. This hook is thin and very flexible, so I can use it in the bathroom sinks to remove as much gunk as possible. In my house, the gunk is shaving cream, foamy gel, and soap. My husband uses all three to shave. Go figure. But if we use the hook and the hanger, plus baking soda and vinegar or hydrogen peroxide each week, we don’t have slow drains. Kitchen sink, bathroom sinks, tubs and showers—that’s seven drains in my house! That’s worth a clothes hanger and household suppliers. I hope this works for you. Jewell