Asked on Sep 5, 2019

How can I fix a dresser drawer that does not close all the way?

PamelaRedcatcecMegan
+1

how to fix a dresser drawer that does not close all the way

• Allison

Have you pulled the drawer all the way out to see if something is stuck behind it? If they have glides, clean them out while you have the drawer out. If it's like my dressers, they are solid, vintage wood, that swell in the humidity. I wax the runners to help them glide in and out.

• Megan

A lot of times drawers can be I the wrong spot. Make sure it is in the proper spot. Take some wax (even a bar of soap) And rub on the sides of the drawer where the drawer slides. Also rub the bottom of the drawer with the wax where it slides. This should help get it unstuck!

• Redcatcec

If there is nothing behind the drawers, then make sure the guides and runners are in the correct alignment, if they still hesitate, apply some bar soap or candle wax.

• Pamela

Hi ! I used to use a wax candle or a bad of soap over the runner , that usually helps .

If you took out all the drawers to clean out the dresser and you didn't have this problem before , you probably put the drawers in the wrong places .