Asked on Sep 15, 2019

Can you help me identify this shrub?

BabetteBonnieDebbie/Dragonfly Treasure
+4

This was taken in May of this year, and we still cannot figure out what it is! Has anybody ever seen (of has?) one of these bushes before? Those are little tiny bead-like thingys, nice to look at but we have no idea what it is.

q what on earth is this shrub
  • Carol Shirey

Is it some kind of HOYA wax plant

• Karen

My first guess for this is Cherry Blossom; second guess is David Viburnum.

• Deb K

Hi Babette, I have one in my back yard, if the long leaves are black, it is a Black Lace Sambucus, Elderberry, I searched everywhere to buy one, they are one of my favorites!!

https://www.monrovia.com/plant-catalog/plants/3037/black-lace-elderberry/

• Debbie/Dragonfly Treasure

Sure resembles Cherry Blossoms

• Bonnie

Debbie is correct, it's Black Lace Elderberry

• Babette

Wow! Hooray, I am so glad for your keen observations and input! Yes, it turns out that Bonnie is absolutely right about saying Debbie is correct. Debbie, I checked the site you sent and then went from there to find more info since I finally got an accurate name to perfectly match my photos and live planting found here on the property! I would have still never known, so I reallllly appreciate this. Little wonder the birds love it, but says I can also make jam (I am a canning-woman) in addition being something delightful to look upon. Again, thanks soooo much - I really got help and learned something new in the process. You people are truly wonderful! :) Now am left wonder if I can propigate it since it is so beautiful (and useful).........