Asked on Sep 19, 2019

How can I clean out odors from a refrigerator?

The ZaitleysLynn SorrellDebi53
+5

• Baking soda. Place an open box inside and it will really help with odors.

• Janice
    Janice

Hi Reba, here's a video to help you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW1fLzM7dJI

I simply use a solution of 50/50 mix of hot water and vinegar to wipe down the refrigerator when I smell bad odors from it.

• Debi53
    Debi53

Take everything out including the shelves and drawers. Wash everything in something like Dawn dish detergent, rinse, and dry. Wash down the inside of the fridge with clean dish water and then rinse. Something may have leaked under your bottom drawer and you might not even know it. Reinstall everything and wipe down all jars and bottles. Throw out any food that has spoiled or is out of date. You should have a clean and fresh fridge!

You must get rid of the source of the odor. If there is no spoiled or leaked food, your fridge should not have a bad smell.

• Lynn Sorrell
    Lynn Sorrell

empty it and wash it down with dawn dish soap,rinse, then some straight vinegar & water(odor remover) wipe it dry--take out shelves & drawers wash in sink or bathtub with dawn and hot water dry well replace in cleaned fridge

• The Zaitleys
    The Zaitleys

After you wash it out, I like to put an open box of baking soda at the back of my fridge. It will absorb any smells