How do I clean animal urine stains off the carpet?

+4

I hav dog urine stains on my carpet. what can I use to remove the stain and smell

• Toni @ Girl, Just DIY! Toni @ Girl, Just DIY! on Oct 02, 2019

When we had our dogs we swore by this stuff. It's the best on the market! It even ate up rank fish smell after a fishing cooler leaked onto the carpet in the back of my SUV.

• Kari Kari on Oct 02, 2019

Thank you

• Cynthia H Cynthia H on Oct 02, 2019

I've used Kids"N"Pets successfully.

• Betsy Betsy on Oct 02, 2019

Hi Kari: I have used a product called Odormute. Pet Supplies Plus used to carry it, but I'm not sure now. You can get it online. You need a product that will change the chemical properties of the urine, or an enzyme eater. Also, Odormute will clean the spot. I have used it for years and have not been disappointed. Even on cat pee stains that were over 16 years old under a carpet, through the padding, in a corner and onto the wooden floor. Never knew the cats were using that area:( AC takes care of a lot of smells. Also cleaned and whitened my son's baseball pants. The cats peed on them and I found out a year later (they were in a box) and the pants came out white and stink free. The stuff seems expensive, but you just use a little bit. It's environmentally safe, you can use it on your pet for skunk smells, and it's made in the USA! Doesn't get any better than that. Good luck with whatever you use.

• Kelli L. Milligan Kelli L. Milligan on Oct 02, 2019

Nature's Miracle

• K. Rupp K. Rupp on Oct 02, 2019

you might want to look into using a handheld Bissell cleaner for spot cleaning the rug. Put a carpet cleaner formula in the machine and spray with the nozzle. Scrub and suck up all the liquid. It does wonders to remove stains. I always have great luck using this method. ODOBAN works great to remove the smell! Good luck!

• Lauren of Mom Home Guide Lauren of Mom Home Guide on Oct 05, 2019

I usually use both Nature's Miracle and a foaming spray carpet cleaner to clean up after my puppy!