How do I recycle storage bins?

Johnavallance82Fiddledd224Betsy
+3

• Kathy Gunter Law

Are you looking bins for storage of recycled material? If so, I use the tall kitchen trash cans.

If you are looking to recycle some old storage bins, then it will depend on the material. Upcycling might be a better option.

• Carrie @ Curly Crafty Mom

What are you looking to do with them?

Hi Carol: If these are large enough, contact your local feral cat rescue (there should be a listing at Petfinder.org) and see if they can use them for cat houses for ferals, or for storage for their stuff. Good luck

• Fiddledd224

I work at a no-kill animal shelter...here is how to help stray cats in cold or rainy weather:

Using a bin WITH A LID, cut a hole the size of a coffee can on the side. Place an old blanket or towel inside. You now have a safe shelter for strays.

• Johnavallance82

Hi Carol,

You don't say what shape they are or whether they have lids...

You could - Make holes in the bottom and use them as planters - decorate them as desired or not. Donate them to someone who needs more storage or sell them of course! You must be wonder woman if you don't need storage of some kind......