How to make the colors of my river rocks more vibrant?

VimarhonorLinda SikutGrandmasHouseDIY

The river rocks bordering my garden look so good when I wet them. Any suggestions on what I can spray on them to preserve the colors of the rocks when they are wet? Otherwise they just look dusty!

• GrandmasHouseDIY

Hi Miriam they make a special sealant just for stone and masonry that will do that for you. I believe it comes in a spray but you could also brush it on :)

• Linda Sikut

Hi Miriam,

I would agree with GrandmaHouseDIY. The sealer will keep them looking wet and since it's clear, it will preserve the colors. Wishing you the best.

• Miriam W.

Thank you! I appreciate your response, will be going in search of the sealant.

• Vimarhonor

I would suggest using an aersol spray on sealer. I’ve done that with some stones at collected on international aventures it really does deep in that color that you’re hoping to see.

• Vimarhonor

The sprays in the paint department at your local Walmart or hardware store probably be the most economical option. It should cost roughly about four dollars can

Sheen wise theres a choice- clear gloss if you want wet look— if you want less of a shine would be recommended satin clear—and I would suggest looking at the Rustoleum or Krylon spray sealers. Unless you want to go into the craft department and purchase something there that you may be able to use for another ( artistic painting) purpose. Alternatively clear nail polish would work too but might be more time-consuming and costly.