What type of paint should I use on a laminate wood dinette set?

TheHoneycombHomeJessica VanderVeenDebi53
+1

What type of paint to use on fake wood furniture after it has been sanded? I need something that will stay on it is an antique kitchen table

• Kelli L. Milligan

Your best bet for the laminated top is the kits made to go over countertops sold at home depot. Step by step instructions are in the kit. For the rest of the piece that is wood just use an oil based primer under 2 coats of oil based paint. Sand between coats for a prof finish.

• Debi53

It's not about the paint, but the primer. Use a primer that is intended to adhere to any surface. I really do believe that oil based primer works better. It is harder to clean up and takes longer to dry, but you will have a longer lasting finish if you use oil based primer and paint.

• Jessica VanderVeen

Make sure you prime first using a good quality primer. Then you can use any type of paint you want.

• TheHoneycombHome

Any paint will likely work, you want to make sure you use a good sealer. I like Fusion Mineral Paints tough coat.